The Genworth Virginia 10 Miler Relay
Date and Time
September 23, 2017
8 a.m. start
Start and finish
E.C. Glass High School
2111 Memorial Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24501
5/1 – 9/1: $90
9/2 – 9/20: $125
- Relay has an entry limit of 75 teams.
- Registration will close once this limit is reached or on Wednesday, 9/20 (11:59 a.m.). There will be no relay registration after this date.
- Cost includes entry for 2 persons into the relay event.
- Must register both relay members at the same time.
The course for the Virginia 10 Miler Relay is the same as the Genworth Virginia 10 Miler course. However, team participants are staged at two locations for the Virginia 10 Miler Relay. The first team member starts at E.C. Glass and the second team member begins their 5 mile leg inside Riverside Park and finishes at E.C. Glass.
The first team member proceeds north on Langhorne Road, downhill for 1.5 miles. After a short distance on Rivermont Terrace, runners turn east onto historic Rivermont Avenue to Riverside Park following the course clockwise through Riverside Park to the Exchange Zone at 5 miles.
After the exchange, the second team member continues through Riverside Park, exiting at Ash St., and proceeding on Rivermont Avenue, to Rivermont Terrance, then following Langhorne Road back to E.C. Glass High School.
Top 3 overall Male
Top 3 overall Female
Top 3 overall Co-ed
Location: E.C. Glass
Following the event
Overall awards awarded (age group awards will be mailed to recipients)
FINISHER MEDALS & T-SHIRTS
Relay teams that successful complete their event will receive two relay finisher medals.
Special Relay Event t-shirts are guaranteed to those that register by Sept. 1. Registrations received between Sept. 2 and Sept. 20 will receive shirts on a first-come first-served basis at packet pickup.
POST RACE CELEBRATION
After crossing the finish line, all race participants will gather at E.C. Glass H.S. for plenty of complimentary food and beverage, music, and massages. Bring your family to enjoy the variety of post race activities and awards ceremony.
LIVE MUSIC ON THE COURSE
Live bands and music will be located throughout the courses for both races. Runners will be treated to more than 5 live bands and DJ’s. Neighborhood parties are also being organized on the course.
Baby Joggers/Strollers Policy
Due to the size and density of this event, baby joggers and strollers are prohibited. The inclusion of strollers in races increases the potential for injury to race participants and children.
Personal Music Devices/Headphone Policy
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, The Genworth Virginia 10 Miler encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the Genworth Virginia 10 Miler and its associated events.
We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line.
Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of other participants and respect personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
For more information regarding registration, race policies, and more, visit our FAQ page.
- Congrats to all the runners and walkers – we did it! I have to say in all my races, this was by far the most challenging course. You should be ridiculously proud of your accomplishment! I was so proud to see my friends from work at the finish line. And wow… what a great group of voluntee...0Comments30.09.2016
- As we prepare for race day (can you believe it?!), lets remember 3 key things I’ve learned over my time training for the Virginia 10 Miler: Race day gear. Danny Boyers, the course director, says, “I highly encourage moisture wicking material – material that pulls moisture away from...0Comments21.09.2016
- We’re heading into week 8 of my journey… also known as RACE WEEK! It’s here folks and I couldn’t be more excited! Here’s what I’ll be tackling this week: Sunday – Off Monday – 2-3 miles Tuesday – 3-4 miles Wednesday – 1-2 miles Thursday...0Comments18.09.2016