The training program aims to help beginner/intermediate participants of the Genworth Virginia 10 Miler, Virginia 4 Mile Run, and Virginia 4 Mile Walk reach their fitness goals for these events. Participants must be 15 years of age or older to participate and registered for the Genworth Virginia 10 Miler, Virginia 4 Miler, or Virginia 4-Mile Walk.
Certified trainers of the YMCA of Central Virginia will lead this 11 week program. Practices will be offered twice per week beginning Wednesday July 18th and Saturday July 21st. Groups will meet for approximately 90 minutes, Wednesdays evenings (6:30 p.m.) at the Jamerson YMCA and Saturday mornings (7:30 a.m.) at the Downtown YMCA and have use of either YMCA facility for the duration of the program.
Team Training Plans
Participants will be provided a general training plan that is event specific and based on the fitness and ability level of the individual.
Team Member Benefits
- Personal guidance from a team of experienced coaches
- 11 week training program
- Organized practices up to twice per week (Wed. & Sat.)
- Use of the YMCA for the duration of the program
Meet Your Coaches
Coach Terry Brame • I have been running since 2011 after a 40 pound weight loss. I started running to challenge me and maintain my weight loss. As a side benefit I discovered a wonderful community of runners here in Lynchburg. I am a member of Lynchburg Road Runners. I have run the Virginia 10 Miler four times and the 4 Miler once. I also have run several half marathons and participate in Spartan obstacle course racing. I am not a fast runner but love everything about running. I enjoy coaching the new and average runner. I am a personal trainer and instructor at the Jamerson YMCA. I have helped coach runners for the Virginia 10 Miler for the last 4 years and love helping runners reach their goals.
Coach Marie Williams • I love teaching and introducing runners to our sport. I’ve been running since the age of 14 and I am a former member of the Liberty University Track & Field team where I specialized in middle distance. Since 2013, I have been an Assistant Coach for the Randolph College Track & Field program. You will find me on the roads training for distances that range from 5k to marathon. My first Virginia 10 Miler was in 2012 and I fell in love with the event. Since then I have completed both the Virginia 10 Miler and Virginia 4 Miler multiple times. I also enjoy my work at the YMCA as a personal trainer. This will be my third year helping train runners for the Virginia 10 Miler.
- Don’t miss these important dates and deadlines. Click the link to download the event to your calendar. Early Bird Deadline: Aug. 1Don’t miss the lowest registration rates (save up to $50!).Add to Calendar Corporate Team Deadline: Aug. 15Corporate team participants must register by Aug. 1...0CommentsJun 17 2019
- Registration is officially open for this year’s events on Sept. 27 and 28! Register by Aug. 1 to lock in the lowest rate and be guaranteed your race shirt. For more information about individual races, click on the links below. Early bird rates: 10 Miler | $50 4 Miler | $35 4-Mile Walk...0CommentsMay 01 2019
- View the August edition of The Run Down here. Don’t miss important Virginia 10 Miler info and announcements. Subscribe to our newsletter on our website homepage.0CommentsSep 25 2018