For more information on race day details, awards, event news and more, view our 2021 Race Guide
Each participant will receive this Race Guide in their race bag, provided during Packet Pickup.
Community isn’t limited to a weekend of race events. Those that share a passion build community year-round through engaging in each other’s lives, both their challenges and successes. Connect with us on social media and use #va10miler & #va4miler to join the conversation.
Race Day Details
- For the safety of our staff, volunteers, and participants in the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler we request that everyone wear masks at packet pick up and at any other indoor venue for the event.
- Our hospitality volunteers will be required to wear a mask and gloves. Most food items will be individually packaged.
- Medical volunteers and those using our medical tent will be required to wear a mask.
- Complimentary masks will be available at packet pickup on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at packet pickup, water stops, and our hospitality tent.
- Bottled water will be served at our finish.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID are welcome to participate in the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler if they remain asymptomatic 10 days after onset of symptoms.
- Individuals who have had direct contact with someone with COVID and have been vaccinated against COVID 19 infection are welcome to participate in the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler if they have tested negative for COVID 19 infection five days after exposure and remain asymptomatic.
- Individuals who have had direct contact with someone with COVID and have not been vaccinated for COVID 19 infection are welcome to participate in the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler if they are asymptomatic and have either been tested at day five after exposure and remain asymptomatic at day seven after exposure or remain asymptomatic at day ten after exposure without COVID testing.
- Any registered person not comfortable participating “in-person” due to COVID concerns may transfer to a virtual event without penalty.
Participants are encouraged to pick up their race packets on Thursday to avoid congestion on Friday and race morning. Packets and bibs may be picked up by individuals other than the participant with a confirmation email for that recipient.
For the safety of our staff, volunteers, and participants we request that everyone wear masks at packet pick up and at any other indoor venue for the event. Complimentary masks will be available at packet pickup on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Those needing to register for an event should do so before arriving at packet pickup. Registration will remain open until 7:15 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25.
All participants can pick up race packets for any of our race events on the following dates and times:
Thursday, Sept. 23
3 – 7 p.m.
Location: The Plaza (Upper Level), 2323 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24501
Friday, Sept. 24
Virginia 10 Miler, 4+ Miler, and 4+ Mile Walk
3 – 7 p.m.
Location: The Plaza (Upper Level), 2323 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24501
Amazing Mile Events
1 – 5 p.m.
27 9th St., Lynchburg, VA 24504
Saturday, Sept. 25
6:30 – 7:15 a.m.
E.C. Glass High School, 2111 Memorial Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24501
Virtual events are offered for the 10-Mile, 4-Mile Run and 4-Mile Walk distances. This is a great opportunity to participate without joining us “in-person” race day.
1. Those registered for a virtual event complete their chosen event distance on a course of their choosing race weekend.
2. A “virtual” result can then be submitted to our RunSignUp Results page (Friday Sept. 24 – Sunday Sept. 26th) at the links below.
3. Virtual event finishers may also just report their participation and not a time.
4. Please note there are no awards given for Virtual Events. However, each registrant receives a finisher medal, t-shirt, and bib #.
Bib numbers will be assigned at packet pickup. Please wear your bib number on the front of your shirt or shorts and have it visible throughout the event to insure accurate finish time and for picture identification.
Langhorne Rd. between Memorial Ave. & Murrell Rd.
Langhorne Rd. from Murrell Rd. to Rivermont Terrace. Rivermont Terrace from Langhorne Rd. to Rivermont Ave. Cranehill Dr. from Langhorne Rd. to Heronhill Place closes
Rivermont Ave. from Rivermont Terrace to Riverside Park closes
Rivermont Ave. and Cranehill Dr. reopens
Rivermont Terrace and Langhorne Rd. from Rivermont Ave. to Murrell Rd. reopens
Langhorne Rd. from Murrell Rd. to Memorial Ave. reopens
Limited parking is available at E.C. Glass High School. Available lots include the lot on Langhorne Road (usually filled by 6:30 a.m.), Memorial Avenue Lot (front of school usually filled by 6:45 a.m.), The Plaza Shopping Center (2323 Memorial Avenue) located adjacent to the high school approx. 1/4 mile from our start/finish, and surrounding neighborhoods.
Please plan to arrive early. Opening ceremonies begin at 7:40 a.m. Races start at 8:00 a.m.
Please respect private property.
Water and Gatorade will be available to runners and walkers approximately every 2 miles on course.
Bottled water will be available immediately at our finish.
Our hospitality tent will have water and Gatorade served in cups.
Gatorade is the official hydration for the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler.
Check out this year’s Amazement Square Family Festival Guide (coming race week), including Amazing Mile course maps, packet pickup, parking, schedules and more!
Participants and those that wish to receive “live” updates of splits and finish times can register here.
A LIVE LEADERBOARD will be available to track athlete performances on our website race day.
Virginia 10 Miler Race Splits
1 Mile, 5 Mile, 9 Mile, Finish
Virginia 4+ Mile Race Splits
1 Mile, 3.4 Mile, Finish
Look for our photographers at the finish line and on the course capturing special race moments. Participants will receive their photos via email race day!
Portable restrooms are available at the start/finish line areas (E.C. Glass High School), Farm Basket (1.5/8.5m), Awareness Garden (2.75m, 4+ Mile course only), Woodridge Pl. (2.75/7.75m), Vasser St. (3.0/7.0m), and Riverside Park (4.5/5.5m).
presented by Bank of the James
Participants can leave their valuables at the Participant Bag Drop area located under the white tent in front of E.C. Glass High School. Your race number is your receipt. You must present your race number to pick up your bag after your race.
Our first 100 registrants for the Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler qualified for a FREE pair of FEETURES socks.
Your confirmation email will confirm that you were one of the first 100.
Socks are available for pickup at the Riverside Runners tent at Packet Pickup.
Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. Entry fees cannot be applied to future races and/or transferred to another person.
Any registered person not comfortable participating “in-person” due to COVID concerns may transfer to a virtual event. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisted participant start will be separate from the general field at 7:50 a.m. Be mindful that there will be assisted participants in strollers or modified wheelchairs on the course being pushed by a volunteer athlete. Please cheer them on and welcome them as they are an important part of our event.
Assisted participants should contact the race director no later than 1 week prior to race day. Assisted participants will start at 7:50 a.m.
Due to the size and density of this event, and for the safety of our participants, baby joggers and strollers are prohibited. The inclusion of strollers in races increases the potential for injury to race participants and children.
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this event. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, our event encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of all events. Runner safety is a priority for our event.
Please be mindful of all other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
- Special pricing for our 2022 events are open now through next Monday, Oct. 4 at 11:59 p.m. Save big on all three events. Virginia 10 Miler: $40Virginia 4+ Miler: $25Virginia 4+ Mile Walk: $25 Register Now Official registration for next year will open on Jan. 1, but don’t wait—secure the lowest...0CommentsSep 27 2021
- NEWS RELEASEFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 25, 2021 CONTACT: Jeff Fedorko, Race Director email@example.com LYNCHBURG, VA – Participants from 30 states and 2 countries enjoyed unseasonably cool temperatures in the lower 50s as they co...0CommentsSep 25 2021
- Race results and photos can now be found on our website at virginiatenmiler.com/results.0CommentsSep 25 2021